CODE OF CONDUCT
As part of the world community of WordPress we adopt the following code of conduct:
WordPress Alicante is a community open to all the world. As such, we are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for all, regardless of sex, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, religion, preferred operating system, programming language or text editor.
This code of conduct summarizes our expectations for the behaviour of the participants, as well as the consequences of unacceptable behavior.
We urge all sponsors, volunteers, speakers, lecturers, attendees and other participants to collaborate to provide a safe and enjoyable experience for all at our events.
Open Source Citizenship
An additional objective of this code of conduct is to increase open-source citizenship by encouraging participants to recognize and strengthen the relationships between what we do and the community at large.
For this we will offer a recognition to the exemplary citizens of our community.
If you think that someone who is making an extra effort to ensure that our community is welcoming, friendly and encourages all participants to contribute to the maximum, propose their recognition.
- The WordPress meetups are for the benefit of the WordPress community as a whole, not business or specific individuals. All actions carried out as organizer of events are made with the greater interest of the community in mind.
- Participation as a member of the local Meetup group is open to anyone who wants to join, regardless of their ability, abilities, financial status or any other criterion.
- The meetups are made with volunteer speakers. When a small contribution is necessary to attend this cost it will only be to cover the costs of the meetup and should not be used to pay to the rapporteurs or organizers.
- Meetup groups allow events to be organized by any trusted member of the community.
- The meetups are welcome spaces, where everyone works to foster an environment of integration, free from discrimination, incitement to violence, promotion of hatred and any undesirable behavior.
- Be considerate, respectful and cooperative.
- Avoids degrading, discriminatory or harassing behavior or language.
- Be aware of the environment and your fellow participants. Alert the organizers if you notice a dangerous situation or someone in danger.
- Participates in an authentic and active way, in doing so, helps to improve WordPress Alicante.
- Respect the place where we do our meetings and the people you meet.
- In all cases you must comply with the legislation in force in Spain and the different municipal ordinances.
Unacceptable behaviors include intimidating, harassing, abusive, discriminatory, derogatory or humiliating behavior towards any participant in WordPress Alicante and related events.
Harassment includes: offensive verbal comments related to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, disability.
Other behaviors considered unacceptable: improper use of nudity and/or sexual images in public spaces (including slides in presentations); Deliberate intimidation, stalking or harassment with photographs or recordings; Sustained interruption of lectures and other events; Inappropriate physical contact and unwanted sexual attention.
Consequences of unacceptable behavior
Unacceptable behavior will not be tolerated by other assistants, organizers, sponsors or other participants of WordPress Alicante.
Anyone who is asked to terminate unacceptable behavior is expected to comply immediately.
If a participant has unacceptable behavior, the organisers may take any action they deem appropriate, including expulsion without notice or reimbursement.
What to do with unacceptable behaviors?
Ask who does it to put down his attitude and if he does not contact the organizers.
Scope of application
We hope that all the participants (sponsors, volunteers, speakers, assistants and other guests) respect this code of conduct in all the places where WordPress Alicante and related social events are developed.
License and attribution
This code of conduct is an adaptation of the important work of Open Source Bridge. The original is available at http://opensourcebridge.org/about/code-of-conduct/and is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license.